WHY CHOOSE Facial Fillers
A facial filler or dermal filler is an injectable gel solution used alone or in combination with other aesthetic treatments to restore volume loss due to ageing, correct lines and wrinkles, enhance facial features, and plump the lips. Depending on the medical expertise of the injector, it can create a natural-looking soft tissue augmentation without undergoing a surgical procedure.
Who can benefit from a facial filler?
Anyone who feels their face has lost its fullness and firmness. Anyone who has deep wrinkles, scars, or damaged skin.
How does the procedure work?
The active ingredient in the facial filler is hyaluronic acid, a compound responsible for skin remodelling. The facial filler also add volume to skin, acting to ‘plump’ it up. The results demonstrate a fuller, younger and smoother face.
Is this procedure painful / any side effects?
The Juvederm procedure includes a numbing cream which will reduce any potential discomfort. The fillers are safe and will be administered by a medical practitioner. Over time the active natural ingredient (hyaluronic acid) will break down – this is perfectly safe. Some possible side effects include: redness, pain and / or swelling, they will typically subside quickly.
Where can the facial filler be used?
The filler can be injected into the: forehead, nose, mouth or cheeks.
This procedure is contraindicated in people that have severe allergies, are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Refrain from touching
- After the procedure, please refrain from touching the filled area for six hours.
Avoid extremes of temperatures and when washing the affected area, be gentle!
You can expect noticeable results right after the injection. We recommend a course of 6 sessions to experience optimal facial augmentation and anti-aging benefits. Because HA attracts water, fillers can maintain volume augmentation even after they are injected.
Facial fillers should only be administered by medical professionals (doctors, nurses, cosmetologists), as it can cause serious complications such as infection, nodule formation, blood vessel compromise, and blindness (rare). Your safety and satisfaction are our utmost priority. All procedures in our clinic are carried out in strict compliance with all recommended guidelines and requirements.
Common facial filler side effects include mild redness, swelling, bruising, and localized tenderness or pain. These are self-limiting and usually resolve within a few days. Redness and bruising can be covered by a concealer or foundation, so you can immediately go back to work after the treatment.
Botox vs Filler
Botox or botulinum toxin injection helps in correcting dynamic wrinkles (wrinkles that appear during facial movement) but it is not that effective for static wrinkles (those that are present even at rest). Fillers can reduce the appearance of permanent wrinkles because they attract water and the gel itself creates volume, smoothing out skin furrows and folds. Both treatments can be combined for full facial revitalization.
Facial Filler Product
Dermagical uses FDA-approved Juvederm products for dermal filler injection. It is one of the most extensively studied facial filler brand for treating deep facial lines and wrinkles. It is found to offer greater longevity than other HA injectables in the market. The Juvederm range of products has excellent clinical data from manufacturer trials and independent studies.
- Erase fine lines and fill wrinkles and folds
- Provide volume and firmness on facial hollows
- Enhance the shape of the lips
- Define cheekbones and jawline
- Correct facial asymmetry
|Juvederm Ultra 2 (1 ml)
|Juvederm Ultra 3 (1 ml)
|Juvederm Ultra 4 (1 ml)
|Juvederm Premium Vycross
|Volift (1 ml)
|Volift Retouch (0.5 ml)
How do facial fillers work?
Our facial filler treatment uses medical-grade products containing hyaluronic acid (HA), a water-attracting substance that is naturally found in the body. HA absorbs water to keep the skin hydrated, replaces volume in depressed areas of the face such as sunken cheeks, and plump thinning lips. The gel filler is injected underneath the skin to fill lines and wrinkles and volumize the face.
Hyaluronic acid fillers are the most commonly used temporary injectable filler, as they are safe, effective, reversible, and provide natural-looking results with minimal downtime. Areas that can be treated with dermal filler include:
- Nasolabial folds or the lines from nose to mouth
- Marionette lines at the corners of the mouth
- Chin area to soften a round or square-shaped face
- Nose area to correct deformities
- Lip area to volumize and contour thin lips
- Sunken or hollow cheeks
- Crow’s feet around the eyes
- During the initial consultation, you will be required to disclose your medical history, including past illnesses, medicines you are currently taking, hypersensitivity reactions, and cosmetic procedures performed on your face.
- Your skin will be cleansed with an antiseptic solution prior to injection.
- Your therapist will put markings to highlight the treated areas.
- Although our products already contain lidocaine, we may put numbing cream or ice compress to numb the area and ensure a pain-free experience.
- Using fine needles or microcannula, the filler is injected under the skin to fill lines and wrinkles or replace volume loss.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure 24 hours after the procedure.
Precautions and Contraindications
Facial filler treatment is not recommended in the following cases:
- The patient is pregnant or breastfeeding
- The patient has active skin infection or inflammation in the treatment area
- Predisposition to keloid formation
- The patient has an auto-immune disease or malignancies
- There are permanent fillers in the area to be treated
- The patient is allergic to any components of the filler
- Recent laser or chemical peel use